Tsunamods is the name of a community, not an individual or team,

Tsunamods is a collective of Final Fantasy 7, 8 9 & other game Modders and Toolmakers please don't confuse Tsunamix with Tsunamods.
We know this line has been blurred in the past, however, there are distinct lines between Tsunamods Team, Tsunamods Community, and Tsunamix

[FF7 PC] Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack

bonez

This mod has been deprecated and replaced by Cosmo Memory

This project started out about a year ago as a little mod to just replace the FF7 UI sounds with the UI sounds from FFXIII. Since that time, it has evolved into something far more... After following the community and modding the game for several years, I noticed the graphical and musical mods were growing and advancing but the sound effects department was totally stalled. I mean, it's an entire 1/3 of what your senses are taking in, besides the visuals and music! I wanted something to match the beautiful/advanced graphical and musical mods provided by the very talented authors/creators of this community... So, I present to you most complete sound effect replacement mod currently available!

The goal of this mod is to give the sound effects of FF7 a complete overhaul/update with carefully chosen, professional quality, accurately timed, equalized, and edited sounds; on a scale previously never achieved. I'm very proud of what I've managed to accomplished so far and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.

This mod currently replaces/updates ~480 magic/battle/world sound effects with many more to come.

3/14/2020 1.0 Initial Release
Spoiler
100+ sounds changed:
3/17/2020 1.1 Update:
Spoiler
Added 20+ new sounds
3/20/2020 1.2 Update:
Spoiler
Replaced a further 130+ sounds
3/21/2020 1.21 Update:
Spoiler
-Consolidated Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack, FFXIII UI Only, and ProtoX+FFXIIIUI into a single .IRO.
-While I was there, I added 5 small sounds so that you're not hit with vanilla sfx as soon as you jump off the train:
3/26/2020 1.3 Update:
Spoiler
Added 43 New World/Field Sounds
Added 14 New Battle Sounds:
Modified Existing Sounds:
-Cursor - Made volume slightly lower
-Bigshot - Made volume slightly louder
-Mindblow - Made volume slightly louder
-Item Get
-Limit Break Cast - Sped up to match animation better

Added Bonus Optional Start Menu Background

Renovated Config Menu
4/9/2020 2.0 Update:
Spoiler
-Added 183 total new sounds
-Added All Summons
-Added Various World,Enemy Attack Sounds
-Fixed/Updated 15 Existing Sounds
-Discontinued "ProtoX+FFXIIIUI" and "FFXIIIUI Only" due to deprecation
-Turned bonus start menu background off by default
-Added 3 selectable UI Sound options: 2.0 UI Sounds, 1.0, and Vanilla with previews (2.0 on by default)
4/24/2020 2.1 Update:
Spoiler
-Added new UI sound set: FFX Style
-Relabeled other UI sound sets appropriately: FFVII (Vanilla), FFXIII Style, FFXV Style
Todo:
  • Green Materia Spells - All done. Comet1+2 and Ultima completed for 2.0
  • Party Melee - All done.
  • Critical strikes - All done.
  • Enemy Skill spells - All done.
  • Limit Breaks - Most are done. Still a couple left for like Cid and Vincent
  • Enemy attacks - Most are done. All enemy attacks up til Mideel are definitely done. Any stragglers being identified through playthrough.
  • World/Field - Most are done. All intended world/field sounds up til Mideel are definitely done (some won't change. Like Corneo. His SFX are perfect as is). Any stragglers being identified through playthrough.
  • Fix Barret's Catastrophe limit - fixed for 2.0.
  • Summons - They're coming along faster than expected - Coming in 2.0
  • 3 Selectable Versions; 1: 2.0 UI Sounds 2: 1.0 UI Sounds 3: Vanilla UI Sounds - Coming in 2.0

This is an IRO file which will require 7th Heaven Mod Manager (see: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19533.0)
Be sure this mod is above any other sound mods in your load order.
I've tested as many sounds as I could and have found no issues. If you run across any, please let me know here
Depending on the music mod you use/don't use, you made need to adjust the music volume down in game. -Better to be too low than too high! Eg; I use EDMusic and Tsuna Arranged and I find SFX:100% and MUSIC:70% to be perfect.

If you enjoy the mod, consider a little something for the many many hours it took to put this together: Donate Here
Last edited by bonez on Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:10 am, edited 12 times in total.
bonez

Reserved for future bug report fixes